From its 1970 birth via Black Sabbath, heavy metal has mutated and adapted to an ever-evolving communications landscape.
Through the decades, that’s meant going from radio and vinyl records to MTV and CDs, and bringing the hard and heavy to the Internet age from the days of AOL chat rooms to our present existences of hyperactive, 24-7, YouTube and social media connectivity.
Reality television programming is another mass audience trend-turned-cornerstone to which heavy metal has proven to be an unlikely prolific and profitable bedfellow.
Fan-filmed video footage of Dee Snider's August 7 performance at the Rockin' The Rivers music festival outside of Three Forks, Montana can be seen below. Featured in the set was a new Dee Snider rock song called "To Hell And Back", which the singer recorded with his solo band, including former Silvertide guitarist Nick Perri. The track will be included in a new album that Dee is currently working on that will also feature material from Snider's past, including his worldwide hits with Twisted Sister.
Dee Snider has put on his big size nines and waded into the ongoing Van Halen feud by siding with Sammy Hagar, who “sings his a** off,” while at the same time branding Eddie Van Halen an “A-hole.”
- Dee Says Music Industry Needs To 'Start From Scratch' And 'Create A Whole New Playbook'
- New Track - To Hell and Back - Free Download!
- How 'We're Not Gonna Take It' Song And Video Came To Be
- Dee Hopes AJ's Death Raises Awareness Of Heart Disease
- Metalachi: Heavy Metal Mariachi Band Plays "We're Not Gonna Take It" on AGT